- 1/2 cup salted roasted almonds – chopped
- 1 stick unsalted butter – softened
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 medium shallot – minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 pounds mussels — scrubbed and de-bearded
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
In a food processor, coarsely grind the almonds. Add the butter, garlic, shallot, parsley, lemon juice, lemon zest, jalapeno and pepper; process until blended. Season the almond-garlic butter with salt.
Put the mussels in a large roasting pan and add the wine. Spoon the almond- garlic butter over the mussels and roast for 12 minutes, stirring the mussels and shaking the pan a few times, until all of the mussels have opened; discard any that do not open.
With a slotted spoon, transfer the mussels to bowls. Spoon the almond-garlic butter on top.
Serve with hot, crusty bread