- 4 halibut fillets, about 6 to 8 ounces each
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsely, chopped
- lemon slices
- parsley leaves
- Place halibut fillets skin side down on greased baking pan or greased rack of broiler pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, garlic and herbs.
- Heat over low heat until butter is melted and garlic is softened, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon butter mixture over each fillet.
- If making ahead, cover the pan and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, or until ready to cook.
- Heat broiler.
- Broil halibut for about 10 minutes, or until it flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Garnish with parsley leaves and lemon slices, if desired.