Grilled Lime-Cilantro Scallops with Mango Salsa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 mango, peeled and diced with its juice
- 1/3 cup diced vidalia onion
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound sea scallops
- Canola oil for brushing on grill
Prepare barbecue or gas grill, clean grates and oil them with canola oil.
Heat grill to medium-high.
Whisk first four ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Add 2 tablespoons cilantro. Transfer 1 tablespoon to small bowl, add remaining cilantro and reserve. Mix mango and onion into remaining dressing in medium bowl; season it to taste with salt and pepper.
Marinate scallops for just 10 minutes then place them on the grill. Cook until a crust forms, about 3-4 minutes, then turn and cook on the other side until cooked through and a crust forms on the other side, about 4-5 more minutes. Transfer scallops to plates. Spoon salsa alongside.