- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds Alaskan halibut fillet
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup green onions, minced
- Combine wine and salt; pour over halibut.
- Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Drain halibut on paper towels; dip both sides in breadcrumbs.
- Place halibut in shallow buttered baking dish.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise and green onions; spread over halibut. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at the thickest part, or until halibut flakes when tested with a fork.
- Makes 4 servings.